January 09, 2011

Sunday Mornings

I love Sunday mornings.  We are lazy around our house.  Either my husband or I do venture out to get a yummy coffee drink, we read the paper (I scour the adds), and  I make a yummy breakfast.  Now my first choice for breakfast would be some sort of egg and potato dish and maybe some soy sausage. But my son won't eat any of that, so I usually make something that involves syrup, and ebelskivers have been my breakfast of choice lately.  Two years ago I received an ebelskiver pan for Christmas, this one:

Well I tried and tried, but I wasn't very good at making them.  I was just using wooden skewers to turn them.  So I put the pan away until this past December.  I was in Williams-Sonoma one day and decided to buy the turning tools for to go with it: 

And wow!  I am successful at making these things now.  They are really yummy.  I have been making them every weekend (and many days during Christmas break).   I also bought the cookbook and am excited to try some of the non-breakfast recipes.  I'll let you know how that goes.  Maybe I should have a ebelskiver party!
All of these images came from William-Sonoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips