February 11, 2011

Valentine's Party

Today was the Valentine's party I put on for my son and his preschool friends.  We had 7 kids here ages 3-4, lots of energy and fun.  I had covered our table with krsft wrapping paper (easy clean up and it looks nice).  When the kids arrived, the colored on some valentine coloring pages I had printed out. 



Once everyone had arrived and colored for a bit, we headed outside to "hunt" for hearts.  I had hid at least 50 foam hearts out in the backyard.  The kids enjoyed finding them, re-hiding them and then finding them again. Exhausting!  Well after some outside time (the beauty of living in California...60 degress in February), we headed inside for a craft and snacks.  I had made the invites with an owl, so I stuck with the owl thing.  I had pre-cut an owl and various shapes from felt and let them deocrate it's face, stuff it and then glue it shut to make a pillow.  They turned out so cute!

For snacks I used a cookie cutter to make heart shaped cheese and put them on creackers, fruit kabobs, popcorn and some fun heart shaped cinnamon crackers.  For drinks, we had pink lemonade, with some of those fun red/white striped paper straws.


After some snack we were ready to go again.  We went outside for more playtime with balloons.  My intent was to play a game inside with them, but it was such nice weather that they just played outside and popped balloons, it was great and spontaneous.  Being a teacher, I have learned to just go with the flow, even if it doesn't go as planned.  The last thing we did was some good old fashioned cookie decorating.  Of course my son dumped the whole container of sprinkles on his cookie.  You can't even see his cookie, but it's there under the sprinkles.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of hunting for hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute things, where to start? :-) Love the jars of candy, love the cups with the striped straws, and the owl craft. Everything is so beautiful, you definitely knocked yourself out. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips