July 05, 2011

Summer Smoothies

I know that I have mentioned this before, but I love summertime.  The warm weather, lazy days, play time with my boy and the yummy fresh fruit available.  We are very fortunate where we live because we have a huge vairety of fresh fruit and veggies from local farmers available during the summer (and year-round).  My favorite is all of the berry choices and with all of these berries, we love to make smoothies.  Here are the ingredients of our summer favorite around here:


Well, the banana is not local but the strawberries and blueberries are.  My son is very picky, so I sneak veggies in when I can.  Pureed veggies work great.  It would be fun to have a make your own smoothie playdate/party with kids.  Hmmm, maybe I should get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips